Workshop: VLBI Astrometry and Geodesy in the Southern Hemisphere
Leading researcher Dr Leonid Petrov to run April Workshop
Dates: held over two weeks from Monday 16 April to Friday 27 April
Time: from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Venue: WY315, 120 Mayoral Drive, AUT City Campus
Workshop Leader: Dr Leonid Petrov
Dr Petrov is a leading researcher and publisher in the fields of astrometry, radio astronomy, space geodesy, mathematical methods of data analysis, atmospheric sciences. Since 2008 he has been the Senior Scientific software developer and analyst for ADNET Systems.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from a master of radio astronomy data analysis. The goal of the training is to provide a jump-start for attendees to start data analysis of the correlator output.
The Workshop will cover the following:
1. Workshop "VLBI programs at the Southern Hemisphere"
- status report of SOAP program
- status report of Fermi association program
- proposed program of AGN monitoring with Radio Interferometer in New Zealand
2. Seminar "VLBI Radio Astrometry" by Dr Leonid Petrov.
- Theoretical basis of VLBI data analysis
- fringe fitting
- computation of theoretical path delays
- parameter estimation
- Practical post-correlation data analysis with
- Practical imaging VLBI observations with Difmap
- Practical scheduling with sur_sked